Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Family Fun # 1

I am really thanking God that it is Friday. And here is your first assignment:
Plan some family fun!

But I also want to ask you to post a comment and share what your plans are for Friday Fun. Someone may need a creative idea.

Here are a few to get you started:
  • Go out to eat - sit across from your spouse - and TALK
  • Take the children with you and enjoy the time with them (even if it means playing in the indoor playground at McDonalds)
  • Meet with some friends - to go out to eat - or even invite them to your home
  • Go to a movie (if you can find a decent one - Horton hears a Who - maybe?)
  • Go bowling with a group (take the kids too and get the bumpers if needed)
  • Go to a sporting event
  • Go to the park

So.... what are our plans tonight? -- We are going to meet some precious friends and go out to eat. Good food - Good fellowship. I can hardly wait!

Would you comment and share your plans? We need to hear from you. Also... be thinking ahead for next week. Let's celebrate our families. Let's Thank God that it is Friday - because it is a good time to plan some family fun!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Today...we are thriving.

DeeDee

7 comments:

Krista said...

I am having lunch with Phillip at Buffalo Wild Wings(he's off work today). Tonight we are watching a movie with Drew. Brandi has a soccer game and won't be home until late, but we took her shoe shopping the other night, so she's happy! Have a great day!

Hal and DeeDee said...

sounds good Krista - have fun!

Darlene said...

Andrea is going with friends to pick up the guys tux and to a movie. Prom is tomorrow!
I think I will try to talk Joey into going to get some good food tonight. He is stressed out about work and I want to show him how much we appreciate all the hard work he does for our family.

Anonymous said...

we'll have a quiet night! dh and i will watch a movie probably and soak in the hot tub!!!

Tricia said...

I am going to scrapbook with the ladies and try to get my mind off the events of this week and tomorrow. James will have some fun time with the boys at home. When mommy is gone they all like to ride bikes together, drive daddy's remoter control truck, or play the Ant Game (daddy crawls around like a big ant and attacks them and tickles them, they love it!)

Tricia said...

After reading your post this morning I decided to take my boys and myself out of the house to do something fun, so we went bowling this morning!! We had fun and it was a good break! Thanks for suggesting some family fun, I think I needed it more than my boys!

Hal and DeeDee said...

I am so proud of you girls...
Darlene- hope you had a good time with Joey. It is good to let our husbands know how much we appreciate the hard work that they do.
Amy - a quiet night and hot tub sounds WONDERFUL!
Tricia - I love that you took the boys bowling - that is so good - and then they can have some special time with Dad tonight.

Great job all of you!
Let's enjoy the precious families that God has given us. It really just takes a little planning on our part - but the rewards are worth it all!