Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Leave a Legacy

As I was reading my Bible this morning... I decided that I wanted part of this blog to be a place where we pass on ideas that we have along the way. It may be something that we have done in the past in our own family. It may be something new that we are implementing at this stage in our life. It may be something that we have read or heard that we think is a good idea. Regardless, maybe we can be consistent to share our tips along the way. Take what you want and apply it how you can.

Remember, nothing is new under the sun. So, use it - tweak it - pass it on.

For today, I want to share with you what I am presently doing for our granddaughter (and plan to continue for the MANY more grandchildren that will come :).

I have a bible that is specifically for our precious little one. It is a wide margin bible. As I read through it during quiet times, I write prayers for her and notes to her in the margin. My plan is to give it to her on her 16th birthday. As other grandbabies come, I will get a specific bible for them, and do the same. Alternating which one I use for my devotions, and which ones I take to church, or to special events. I hope to have a book shelf full of bibles for my children's children.

I have already requested one for this Christmas for the little one that is on the way.

Legacy... a spiritual legacy... I want to leave one...



Blessings,
DeeDee

7 comments:

Krista said...

I love it that you are doing that for your grandchildren. I hope to oneday do that as well. For the time being, I need to make sure my journals are kept up because I want my kids to get them oneday and see how the Lord has answered prayer.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea! That is something they will treasure forever.

Tricia said...

That is a great idea DeeDee, I have heard you mention it before, and I want to do that for my boys... I just need to get the Bibles for them, maybe I will ask for those for Christmas too!

Blessings!

Unknown said...

Precious. I always find I am wrestling to keep my time with the Lord, WITH (focused on Him) the Lord so I'm not sure that I would implement this, but it does want me to add more prayers and spiritual thoughts to my family blog where I do interactive journaling for my kids. I love the idea behind this blog of yours, I will be sure to visit regularily!

Unknown said...

it does make me want to.... I meant... got distracted!

Mitzi said...

This is a great idea, There is actually a Grandmother's Bible. check it out at this link. http://www.amazon.com/The-Grandmothers-Bible/dp/0310939038
I gave Matt's mom one for her birthday and she LOVES it! It has many ideas for bringing in conversation about the passages....

Angela said...

What a blessed, gift this will be...Thank you so much for sharing this...I will 'tuck' this away for the day my own, God willing, will have their own...

I just got a new Women of Faith bible and I'm thinkin that this one will be given to my own daughter for when she is older...(will start making some notes, prayers and such)..I LOVE this idea...